Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Everyday is Laundry Day

Last Tuesday I blogged about my new laundry method. Well, I am happy to say that today I finally received my mobile washer which has helped enormously in the washing of clothes.
Sorry it is SUCH a bad picture! It's basically a plunger.

No longer do I have to roll my pants up and stomp on the clothes, now I can stand safely outside of the tub while washing the clothes. Hurray!
My clothes are in the bucket!
 When I first started doing laundry with this method I didn't have a system so laundry would pile up pretty quickly. I soon realized that in order to stay caught up on the laundry I have to do at least 1 to 2 loads a day (which is pretty hard considering that I have limited space to hang the clothes to drip dry for 24 hours). My new system is this,


  1. Put about 10 articles of clothing in bucket with warm water and detergent 
  2. Soak for 10 minutes
  3. Plunge (or stomp on) clothes for 2 to 3 minutes
  4. Empty water
  5. Fill bucket with cold water
  6. Plunge for 2 to 3 minutes
  7. Repeat steps 3 & 5
  8. Empty water
  9. Wring out clothes
  10. Hang first load on shower rod (with towel underneath)
  11. A couple hours later I move load 1 to the guest room to be hung in the closet with a fan on them and window open. 
  12. Then I start load 2.
This process takes all day, so I am happy that I do not have anything else to do and LOVE to do laundry! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment