Friday, August 30, 2013

Farewell Hollywood

Yesterday was my last day of work. For the past year and a half I have battled LA traffic to work in Hollywood. The job was good most days and my coworkers were like family, but I will not miss Hollywood. I will not miss the homeless woman carrying a flat screen TV. I will not miss the Korean Christians chanting into a megaphone while handing out tracts. I will not miss the crazy man who would yell at everyone who passed, usually telling them they are going to hell for [fill in the blank]. I will not miss the stink whenever the wind changed direction. I will not miss movie premieres. I will not miss star sightings. I will not miss any of it.

As I was leaving the parking structure for the last time yesterday I heard a tourist saying, "There is not much here in Hollywood. Besides the stars on the sidewalk....if you're into that." That is exactly how I feel.

Today we are driving up North to find a place to live. I can't wait to be in the country air with no traffic and no rush. This week will be an adventure and I'm sure I will come back with lots of stories and pictures. "Stay tuned."

No comments:

Post a Comment