Sunday, September 15, 2013

Saying Farewell

We are counting down the days until we leave, but as it gets closer it becomes more elusive. I can not believe that in one week we will be packing up all of our possessions in a Uhaul and moving far, far away. This next week will be spent with family, running errands, and celebrating with friends. I am hoping to stay busy enough to not think much about the move.

I am not good at saying goodbye or staying in touch. I blame this on the fact that as a child there were kids coming in and out of our house all the time. After they left, we would never hear from them again and this became normal to me.

So, I apologize in advance if I do not send out an Elias family Christmas card, become pen pals with all 157 of my Facebook friends, or drive 10 hours back for your camping trip, birthday party, or bar mitzvah. As much as I wish to do all of these things, I am hesitant to promise anything. But, I am married to "Mr. Spontaneity", so do not be too surprised if we show up to your camping trip, birthday party or bar mitzvah. As my husband told me recently, "We have to take opportunities when they come up instead of putting them off, because if we don't do it now we'll never do it".

Side Note: His above reasoning was to convince me to go to Universal Studios before we left (which is not very spontaneous). I told him that is something that we we can do anytime; but he won, we went, and it was fun.

So as we continue to say farewell to all of our friends and family, we look forward to your surprised faces when we show up unannounced at your camping trip, birthday party, or even to a stranger's bar mitzvah. Who knows what "Mr. Spontaneity" will think that we have to do next!?!

1 comment:

  1. Road trip to New Mexico!! Yay, congratulations and good luck with your final days before your big adventure.

    ReplyDelete