Monday, November 4, 2013

Becoming "Granola"


While I was in college, I worked as a live-in nanny for some of the funniest kids that I have ever met. We lived in a neighborhood that was half hippy, half millionaire. The kids would describe the neighbors as either "Granola" (aka. hippy) or rich. I always thought that using the word granola as an adjective to describe someone as the funniest thing.

Back then I was far from being granola or rich, but these days I am seeing myself becoming more and more granola. As I wash clothes in my bathtub and refuse to buy processed food (aka. anything that I can make at home), I see the granola in me slowly coming out.

It doesn't help that I have been watching the show "Alaska, The Last Frontier", on which the homesteaders grow, hunt, or raise everything that they eat. That kind of lifestyle is so appealing to me and I can totally imagine myself on that show.

However, I am married to a man who loves walking through the store's bakery and stocking up on fresh smelling bread and frosted cakes. So, last night he got a loaf of fresh bread at the store. It was a treat and he really enjoyed it!

No comments:

Post a Comment